Thursday, November 1, 2012

White picket fence dreams

Hey, you know what would be awesome? If I found a man. It's not very likely considering I don't get out much. It's not like one is going to come to my door and propose.
My priorities are changing. I used to want a man with long dark hair and tattoos and confidence bordering pathological narcissism, most likely in a band. I wanted danger and intrigue.
Now, I want someone to be good to me. Kind, reliable, loyal, willing to take care of me in an old fashioned kind of way and I would do the same for him. Mentally, I'm in a really good place in my life. I'm stable and secure in myself. I feel I could provide above and beyond what a worthy man would expect of me.
And I'm 28 years old. I spent the last fifteen years of my life partying and being reckless, and now I've reached an age where I feel I would like to be married and bear children in the next couple of years.
Yeah, I still want to be a rockstar. But I want a family. I want my other half. I care less about being different and exciting and more about building a solid foundation with someone I love.
So that's where I am right now.
I'm not meant to walk this earth alone. I need a man to guide me, encourage me to be a better person. I thought I had that recently, but I was idealizing the entire situation. Things were great for a while, and then seemingly out of nowhere, he completely lost interest. It is sad, but I've been through much, much worse. And no one can ever take hope away from me.

1 comment:

  1. Goodness, reading this felt like I was reading my own story (but searching for a woman rather than man haha). I like the introspection you show here. I think we're all destined to find our soul mates and kindred spirits. I hope you don't mind the random visitor to your blog :) I'm glad I stumbled upon it.

    ~Keith

    ReplyDelete