Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Sensitive?

I think the word sensitive best describes me. I don't like the words psychic or medium, as they have negative connotations to a lot of scam artists. I really haven't attempted to tap into my abilities, and I really can't confirm that what little experiences I have to be anything more than coincidence.
The things that happen frequently are so minuscule that they would barely be worth mentioning if they didn't happen so often. Silly things like knowing when something is done cooking before an alarm goes off, or picking up my phone just before I get a text or a call. It isn't always consistent, but it happens about half the time. I tend to watch a lot of shows on my computer and if something happens and I need to restart my browser, I can usually find my place in the program with a single click.
I have to say the most impressive event happened several years ago. I was sitting at a paneras and I was on my cel, talking to a friend and swearing rather profusely. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw a blonde little girl at a nearby table. I PGed my conversation and when I hung up, I looked over and there were only two women seated at that table. I had a very strong urge to confirm my suspicions. So I mustered up the courage to go talk to them. I said to them, "Excuse me, but would one of you happen to be pregnant?" In fact one of them confirmed this. "Is there a possibility that it would be a girl?" Again, this was confirmed. "Could she be blonde?" No. I was wrong there, but you never know. I told her the child was going to be okay, and feeling like a weirdo I thanked them and left.
I was pretty stoked at that point. I wanted to test my ability further. I walked into the nearest Borders bookstore (which I was not at familiar with) and to see if I could hone in on a book about psychics. I didn't read the genres or categories of the aisles, I simply walked down the center aisle and took a right. Without scanning the titles, I put out my hand and touched a book. And it was the only book about psychics in the store.
Thoroughly freaked out, I walked right out and never tried anything like this again.

No comments:

Post a Comment