Wednesday, February 8, 2012

My First Open Mic!!

Music Industry Club hosted their first open mic night about a week and a half ago, and I was thrilled to be a part of it. I was able to help load in equipment and even got to perform a couple of impromptu songs. I met LOTS of musically inclined people that I hope to get to know more and become friends with, get some gigs going, and just express my ever-increasing love for the industry. This is where I belong, I can feel it!! I've made more friends here than anywhere before I decided to just go for it and do what I love. It is an incredibly rewarding experience.
Tomorrow after classes, we'll be rehearsing for the next open mic night at Sweetwater Marleys this Tuesday. Lots of coffee, my guilty pleasure! We will also be doing a set for the Center for the Blind just before this. Charity work is something I haven't had the pleasure of doing since I was a wee Girl Scout, and I'm looking forward to giving back. Something about it seems surreal, that what I love to do can help people less fortunate. It puts a whole new spin on my idea of music-- that my voice can be of service.
Anyways, time to wind down and get some rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment