Friday, February 10, 2012

Never Giving Up

I've finally found the place where I belong-- It's with people who live and breath music. It's what gets me through the day.
People in my past, mistakes I've made, choices I've made, have all added up to make me who I am today. It reinforces the present, and assures me that I will never go back to the way things used to be.
Life isn't easy, but it's wonderful. It's college full time, it's ensembles and bands and open mic and countless hours studying. It's striving to be the best that I can be, following my heart, giving it my all. I've never felt so whole. I have high demands of myself. A few years ago, I never could have met those demands. Today, I meet them with a vengeance and a passion. So far, I haven't let myself down. Every day that goes by, I succeed, and I plan to be somebody in this industry. I am on my way, one small step at a time. I have courage, I have confidence, and I have determination. It's not going to be easy-- it's going to be challenging, fulfilling.
Because I've been where I've been, and been held down for so long-- by myself, by others-- I have plenty to say. I've been silent for too long, and my voice will not go unheard.
Those who disagree will be surprised.

No comments:

Post a Comment