Monday, February 13, 2012

Slump

Slumps... Gotta hate em. My voice started to give way during band practice on Saturday, and I've been bummed out ever since. I've been lax on my goals and plans, completing an assignment last minute that couldve been completed days ago. I could've given it 100%, but I didn't it.
I've gotta pull myself out of this right now. I'm not lazy, lackadaisical or confused-- I need my A game back. I need that I'm-gonna-make-it-and-nothing's-gonna-stop-me attitude back.
Enough is enough. I am making a plan to balance studying with the rest of my goals. I'm going to college to make my own studio and create my own music. This is the big picture here. I need to put this is perspective. I need yoga and I haven't done it in a week. I need to take time for myself so I don't burn out and let myself slip. I'm going to make a realistic plan and stick to it.
I have never been more motivated to do anything in my entire 27 years on this earth, and I can't half-ass this. No way, no how. I'm bouncing back, and I'm doing it now. I don't care if I'm under the weather, at least I'm alive and healthy and capable.
I never thought the hurdle i would have to jump would myself.
I can do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment